Hi,

Welcome to ExtremeFootballForum.

Don't just browse our forum please join us and help us grow and improve with your input and discussion. Once you join, which only takes a minute and is FREE, you can post, and enter the prediction leagues and many other benefits. So don't delay hit register and join today.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Darlington
Darlington
Non League Fan
Non League Fan
EFF Credits : 156416
https://www.extremefootballforum.com

January 2020 Transfer Window Empty January 2020 Transfer Window

on Thu 02 Jan 2020, 11:36 am
All the League One transfers in here.

Non League Fan
Non League Fan

January 2020 Transfer Window Empty Seasiders Agree Deal For Thorniley

on Thu 02 Jan 2020, 11:39 am
Seasiders Agree Deal For Thorniley

From Blackpool FC website

Blackpool Football Club has reached an agreement with Sheffield Wednesday to sign defender Jordan Thorniley for an undisclosed fee.

The 23-year-old has put pen-to-paper on an initial two-and-a-half year contract at Bloomfield Road, with the Club holding the option to extend it by a further year.

Another player with Championship experience, Thorniley moved to Sheffield Wednesday from Everton in 2016 and made his breakthrough into the first-team after impressing on loan at Accrington Stanley, where he made 17 appearances in the first half of Stanley’s 2017/18 promotion-winning season.

He ended the campaign by featuring 11 times for his parent side, and then made a further 22 appearances for Sheffield Wednesday last season.

Thorniley now departs having played a total of 35 games for the Owls, including two in the Carabao Cup this season.

Chief Executive Ben Mansford said:

“Jordan has been one of our main targets for the winter window, so we are delighted to have this sorted at this early stage. Jordan comes having had a good upbringing at Everton and he has continued to develop after moving to Sheffield Wednesday. As well as being impressed with Jordan as a footballer, we were also impressed with his desire to come and play for Blackpool FC.

“It is crucial that we recruit players that want to be with us and commit to helping the Club realise its ambitions over the forthcoming seasons. Jordan comes highly regarded by those that have worked with him and we are all looking forward to welcoming him to Bloomfield Road."

Jordan Thorniley added:

“I’m happy to get it over the line and sign for the Club. It’s an exciting time to come to Blackpool and the Club seems to be on the up.

“It was tough to leave Sheffield Wednesday, as they’ve been good to me having offered me a deal after being released from my first club, but when I learned of Blackpool’s interest, it was something I was really excited about and wanted to learn more.

“The aim for me is to repay the manager’s faith in me and produce when it matters on the pitch, and hopefully help the Club continue to grow.”

Non League Fan
Non League Fan

January 2020 Transfer Window Empty Re: January 2020 Transfer Window

on Tue 21 Jan 2020, 2:02 pm
Shrewsbury Town sign midfielder after Hibernian exit

Shrewsbury Town have signed Josh Vela on a free transfer after the midfielder was released from his contract by Scottish Premiership side Hibernian.

The 26-year-old former Bolton Wanderers man has signed a two-and-a-half-year deal with the League One club.

Vela scored one goal in 14 appearances after joining Hibs last summer.

January 2020 Transfer Window Empty Re: January 2020 Transfer Window

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum