Extreme Football Forum
Hello Guest and Welcome to ExtremeFootballForum.

Don't just browse our forum please join us and help us grow and improve with your input and discussion. Once you join, which only takes a minute and is FREE, you can post, and enter the prediction leagues and many other benefits. So don't delay hit register and join today.
Latest topics
Motorama National League Thu 23 May 2019, 4:51 pmDarlington
Jokes PageWed 22 May 2019, 4:39 pmDarlington
Summer 2019 Transfer WindowWed 22 May 2019, 12:28 pmDarlington
Summer 2019 Transfer WindowWed 22 May 2019, 12:25 pmDarlington
Summer 2019 Transfer WindowWed 22 May 2019, 12:22 pmDarlington
Poll
Will Scotland Qualify For The Euro 2020 Finals?
Yes
0% / 0
No
100% / 1
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search

Go down
daib0
Reading Fan
EFF Credits : 8048
View user profilehttps://johnstone-music.com

Peter Crouch on the Championship Empty Peter Crouch on the Championship

on Sat 29 Dec 2018, 1:46 pm
Interesting to read what Peter Crouch who plays for Stoke City thinks of the Championship.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------  

Championship oozes class

Before the start of the season, I had an expectation of how things would be in the Championship. When I last played in that division at the start of my career, it was no place for the faint-hearted as plenty of players would kick lumps out of you.

I can say now my assumption was completely wrong. The quality of the Championship has improved beyond recognition and the league is as competitive as anything in Europe.

There are so many good players and you can see the influence of foreign managers everywhere.

The automatic promotion places will probably be filled at the end of the year by two from leaders Leeds, Norwich and West Brom. Of those, Norwich impressed me most. We beat them 1-0 in October but they move the ball so well.
Losing to Birmingham on Boxing Day was tough - we need to put a run together

Whoever goes up from those three, I can see them emulating Brighton and Wolves and being comfortable in the top flight.

As for my team, Stoke City, the automatic spots are not out of reach for us as there are still so many games left. But we need to make up ground fast. And we certainly believe we will reach the play-offs, even though defeat at Birmingham on Boxing Day was hard to handle. When we put a run of wins together, who knows where it will take us? You can move up and down the league so quickly.

You cannot reply to topics in this forum