ExtremeFootballForum including our prediction leagues
Hello Guest and Welcome to ExtremeFootballForum.

Don't just browse our forum please join us and help us grow and improve with your input and discussion. Once you join, which only takes a minute and is FREE, you can post, and enter the prediction leagues and many other benefits. So don't delay hit register and join today.
May 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posting users this month
48 Posts - 56%
22 Posts - 26%
7 Posts - 8%
5 Posts - 6%
4 Posts - 5%

View previous topicGo downView next topic
EFF Credits : 6983
View user profilehttp://royalsrendezvous.co.uk

Gyan - China to Reading?

on Tue 30 Aug 2016, 11:07 am
So... These Gyan rumours...  Coming on for your honest opinions. Given his current wages how on earth would we (= Reading) fund this? Even a loan deal would cost millions. But it could work - Shanghai would in fact pay most/all of it. They don't have any financial fair play over there, and have hundreds of millions to spend (hence why he's on £227k a week now). I think even if a Prem club came in for him, they'd only pay £40k tops (going Prem rate).

It's an interesting rumour. The Thames Valley press put him as considering the Reading option as the MOST LIKELY choice by the player and his agent. If it does happen I'm not sure if it's good or bad. Definitely was good enough 4-5 years ago.  He is still only 30 - so not that old.

He's not first choice for them anymore (they've just this Summer spent almost £50m on Brazil striker Hulk).  There is also a foreign player limit in Chinese football, which they appear to be at maximum for now, so maybe they are planning on bringing in another foreign player in to take his spot, so any money in for him is better than nothing? Also keeps him playing and more sellable.. 

The  local press seem pretty convinced that we are front runners as Fulham have hesitated. Reading between the lines I think he's definitely got Reading as a major option in his head. This quote from the Reading Chronicle this morning ... Gyan continued: "I heard about Sunderland and Fulham but we will see what happens. There might be surprises. Football is full of them. The people around me are trying to benefit me. It doesn't matter if it is Championship or Premier league, it's about being comfortable where I am. Sunderland is a good club. It was unfortunate I didn't play for many years there. I had to leave and that is football. Sometimes you stay for a long time at a club and then other times you go. I just want to prove myself again in England. I am ready to go. I went to the Middle East but I was scoring goals for the national team and in the world cup. I don't regret it at all and now I am back to prove myself again. Maybe it is my destiny to be back to the Premier League or the Championship. Maybe we will make a decision tonight, or tomorrow."

Gyan has scored 48 goals in 95 internationals for Ghana, and netted seven times in 20 appearances for Shanghai last season. He spent two years at Sunderland, scoring 10 times in 34 league games, then enjoyed a blistering spell in Dubai where he plundered 73 goals in 65 games for Al Ain before moving to Shanghai in summer 2015.

We are apparently thinking of paying a loan fee of between two and three million whilst his parent club keep paying his wages. It seems he is surplus to requirements so Shanghai are trying to offload him. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

My question is: could this be a wonder deal or is it more likely to be a flop ???
Non League Fan
Non League Fan
EFF Credits : 150414
View user profilehttp://www.extremefootballforum.com

Re: Gyan - China to Reading?

on Tue 30 Aug 2016, 11:19 am
I remember thinking wages about some players previously with Darlo e.g Marco Gabiadinni but he came so I guess he took a cut. Depends how much he wants away from where he is as he may just take that cut to get to England.

EFF Credits : 6983
View user profilehttp://royalsrendezvous.co.uk

on Tue 30 Aug 2016, 1:53 pm
it's off ... nice dreams while it lasted!

Get Reading

Asamoah Gyan to Reading FC: Deal OFF after Ghana striker fails medical

The 30-year-old Ghana striker will not be moving to Madejski Stadium on loan

Asamoah Gyan has failed his medical and will not be joining Reading FC. The Ghana skipper was put through his paces by the club on Monday ahead of a season loan move from Chinese club Shanghai SIPG. But getreading understands the 30-year-old did not pass the medical checks as he would not be fit enough to play for eight weeks.

So Royals have opted against signing the former Sunderland man.
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum